JSPS San Francisco is located in Berkeley, California, just a 5 minutes walk from UC Berkeley.
Directions from the San Francisco International Airport are as follows:
By Public Transportation
Estimated Time: approx. 1 hour.
- Walk to San Francisco International Airport BART(Bay Area Rapid Transit) Station
- Take BART bound for Pittsburg / Bay Point
- Transfer at 19th St / Oakland Station to another BART bound for Richmond
- Get off the BART at Downtown Berkeley Station (Be sure to get off at "Berkeley (Downtown Berkeley)", not "North Berkeley")
- Take the escalator to exit onto Shattuck Ave
- Head north on Shattuck Ave (You can see the Berkeley hills on the right)
- The first intersection is Center St. The intersection at the next block is Addison St. Turn left at Addison St.
- Walk one block west and you will find a three-storied building with the number "2001" on the right corner. This is the building we are in.
- Take the elevator up to the 2nd floor. Turn right and go straight. Our office is Suite 260.
Estimated Time: approx. 40 minutes.
- Take US-101 N via the ramp to San Francisco
- Slight right at I-80 E (signs for Oakland/I-80/Bay Bridge/Seventh St/US-101 N)
- Cross the Bay Bridge (After crossing the Bay Bridge, stay in the second lane from the left so you can exit at University Ave. easily.)
- Drive North onto I-80 E (signs for Sacramento)
- Exit onto University Ave toward Berkeley
- Turn right at Martin Luther King Jr Way
- Turn left at Addison St
- Park at Public Parking lot or street parking.
(There is ample metered parking in downtown Berkeley. However, parking in Berkeley is strictly enforced so don't forget to feed the meter and keep your eye on the time when using street parking)
Public Parking Information
- Transit & Parking - Downtown Berkeley Association
- Downtown Berkeley Transit and Parking Map - Office of Transportation
Traffic Information & Driving Time
From Other Places
511.org (Your Bay Area travel guide) may help you search for routes to our office.